Consumer Guide for People Application
– Focus applying spray from your waist down
– If you will be conducting work where your arms will be exposed to vegetation or ground, apply to your arms and body as well.
– Examples include gardening, yard work or hiking through thick vegetation
– Apply approximately 15 sprays per leg starting from your shoes and working up to your hips
– Spray approximately 6 inches from your skin or clothing
– Sprays can be applied to skin and clothing
Consumer Guide for Dogs Application
– We Recommend spraying the chest, legs, belly and tail of your animal
– Avoid spraying directly onto the face
– You may spray into your hands and then place onto the ears and forehead of your dog
– Based on the size of your animal, number of sprays will vary
– For a large dog between 60-90 pounds, we recommend approximately 5-8 sprays per leg, chest, belly, and tail
Currently, both formulas are the same! However, we are actively doing research and the dog formula will be adjusted once the research is complete. We have branded two bottles to ensure you and your fur-friend are both protected 😊
We have not conducted any testing on cats. Since cats tend to groom themselves, we feel the best application would be to use a collar to avoid the cat from licking and ingesting to much of the product. You can safely use Organtick on cat’s by spraying directly on your cat’s collar or a bandana that you can wrap around them when they go outdoors. This should assist significantly with the number of ticks you’ll see!
One of our main goals was to provide an effective but good smelling repellent! Our feedback from pet owners is THEY LOVE the smell of their pets after applying. It also is not oily! As a loving dog mom, I agree the worst thing ever is a stinky and oily dog trying to snuggle on the furniture!
Our products are safe for daily use. Depending on your length of time outdoors, you should only need 1 application which will last 2-3 hours. Please see our consumer guide above for humans and dogs.
This product can be used on horses as well! If you apply as directed, the product will last up to 3 hours. So, depending how long your horses are out in the paddock or on a trail ride, you may need to apply multiple times.
Our products are 100% made in the USA! We are based out of East Stroudsburg PA and locally source our natural ingredients from a flavor and fragrance company also local to East Stroudsburg PA!
Through our customer feedback, hunters have no issues with the scent. Since it is a natural product derived from pine, white-tailed deer should not be affected as this is a scent they are used to experiencing.
We are excited to say this product works wonders against mosquitoes! However, we have not tested this product against fleas, as our focus was to identify a repellent against ticks. We will be doing more studies to see its potential to also repel fleas and any other insects.
Spot on treatment is not the same as a repellent. These are chemicals that soak into your animal’s skin, and when a tick bites, the chemical works to kill off the tick. Thus, with spot on treatments, your animal can still carry ticks around into your home. Repellents work to avoid your animal from picking up a tick when outdoors.